Make Giant Lightsabers in Honor of “Star Wars” Week
The tremendously talented Bob, over at I Like to Make Stuff, published a great tutorial a few weeks back on how to make giant lightsabers.
Now keep in mind that when I say “giant” I’m talking like 10 feet long probably.
Of course with lightsabers – and all things – it’s not the size, but how you use it.
All told, the project really doesn’t look that terribly difficult. Having an excellent tutorial to work off of helps of course.
Here is a list of the materials:
- Black duct tape
- Silver spray paint
- Red spray paint
- Red LED spotlight / Green LED spotlight
- Clear corrugated roofing panel
- 12″ x 4′ cardboard concrete form
- Scrap 2×4
Unfortunately nothing too offensive or potentially illegal.
Now once you’ve bought all of that stuff, watch this video and see how it’s done:
They also took the time to make some simple step-by-step directions here:
It’s tremendous work and possibly a great way to celebrate “Star Wars” week.
(Via, I Like to Make Stuff)
Latest posts by Corey Jenkins (see all)
- Final Rogue One Trailer Looks Amazing - October 13, 2016
- “Luke Cage” Slated for September 30th Release on Netflix - August 9, 2016
- Poster Confirms “Injustice 2” Video Game – UPDATED - June 7, 2016